Psst…somehow someone thought I was worthy of this award. I crept in through the back door, six days late. If I picked you I hope that’s OK. If not just comment and I’ll select another blogger. I want this to be fun and not the bloggers equivalent of chain mail. Sneaks back out the door, trips on the way out. Damn it, I think I broke my toe (again).
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community… A peer honor for sure!
Here are the rules…
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
And here are my answers…
1. Big thanks to Emily Gaffney of 50 Shades of Aging, found here: https://www.50shadesofaging.com/index Emily and I connected a few months ago and have been
stalking following each other’s blog ever since.
2. Answers to Emily’s questions:
- How do you describe your blog to others? Interesting question, I don’t usually describe my blog to others. It started as a cathartic hobby and I’m still fleshing it out. My posts swing wildly between humor and poignant reflection
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts? I write about life, past and present.
- Do you have a blogging routine? I do not have a blogging routine.
- Why did you begin blogging? I made a new friend, one of those instant connections. She wrote a blog and I became curious and poof started a blog.
- Use one sentence to describe yourself. Former bad ass, carving a niche for myself for when these birds fly from the nest.
- What makes you happy on a daily basis? Family, friends and spending time on meaningful endeavors.
- What would you say to yourself if today was your first day blogging? Proofread.
- Describe something most people don’t know about you… I speak six languages, once volunteered for the Peace Corps and excel at Calculus (lies, all lies).
- What makes you feel satisfied with a new blog post? Profound relief from exercising demons or a smirk because I managed to make myself chuckle.
- Describe your “ideal Saturday”… Start the day with a workout, shower put on clean sweats and cook while listening to Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? “To Thine Own Self Be True” William Shakespeare
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award:
– Mydangblog – https://educationalmentorship.com/about/
– Redneck Latte Ravings – http://www.rednecklatte.com/about/
– Just Typikel – https://www.kellylmckenzie.com/my-story/
4. Questions for nominated bloggers:
- What geographic place do you consider home (past or present location)?
- Favorite person you don’t personally know?
- Why do you blog?
- If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
- Describe yourself with 3 words…
- What negative thought takes up the most space in your head?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- Where you a bully, a target, defender or under the radar in school?
- If you won the lottery what would you buy first?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- What makes you laugh?