Stands tall, chest puffed, with a flick of my right hand on my left shoulder…..I would like to thank the academy (aka Darla Halyk of New World Mom’s) for my Liebster Award. For those that don’t know what that is (slowly shakes head from side to side with a sad tsk, tsk, tsk)…..it is a fabulous fun way for bloggers to support each other. Without further ado and the elegant wave of my magic wand (no it isn’t a vibrator…or is it?) I present my Liebster Award –
And now here is the question/answer portion of the award. Thank you Darla Halyk for the nomination and questions:
My 11 questions are as follows:
1) Why did you start writing/blogging? I have a lot of stories to tell and it seemed like the right time. My Facebook friends have encouraged me to start a blog…..and one day I happened to meet a fabulous blogger in the FLESH. Leah Vidal of Little Miss Wordy and I became fast friends after we met at a school function. The idea started to take shape and before I knew it I had entered into the blogosphere (that’s a word right?).
2) If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? Too hard, pass. Oh wait I assume that is frowned upon. I’d probably sit with my Nana for another round of Kings Corners.
3) If you could play any sport professionally what would it be? Roller Derby. I can skate like a dancing queen but those bitches are 100% bad ass.
4) What is your favourite quote?“To thine own self be true.” William Shakespeare
5) What is your favourite album (front to back) of all time? Damn really tough questions here….honest it depends on my mood. The one I played most consistently was Fiona Apple – Tidal. A close second is the soundtrack from Ain’t Misbehavin’ featuring Nell Carter.
6) Who is your biggest role model? I don’t have one. However, I have been fortunate to have several mentors throughout the course of my life. Sadly the most recent one passed away about 3 years ago at the tender age of 93. So if you know any bad ass females over the age of 90 looking to mold a young whipper snapper let me know.
7) What cheers you up? Music, friends, exercise and laughter. Oh and travel I love to travel!
8) Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe in lust at first sight….a little skeptical on the love at first sight thing.
9) What is the best compliment you have ever received? I have been called a good egg a few times. Anytime I get compliments regarding my children I kind of glow a little (mom nerd).
10) Do you trust anyone with your life? No humans, just a God of my understanding.
11) What is your favourite word? Resilient
And now for the next round of
victims bloggers…..should you accept the challenge (of course you should) there are some rules:
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you.
- Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Now it is my turn to nominate 11 people. Damn don’t hate on me bloggers some of you have likely already done this and I apologize in advance if this is your 2nd, 3rd or 74th Liebster Award Nomination. Just know that if you don’t do this a pack of feral trolls will visit you on the evening of the next full moon and tickle you in your sleep until you pee yourself or maybe ………nothing will happen. Ask yourself if you are feeling lucky and roll the life dice….
1. Jacqueline Whitney of http://www.findingmyverse.com/
2. Kathy Radigan of http://mydishwasherspossessed.com/
3. Denise Thomas of http://callthemidlife.com/my-period-is-like-a-drunk-at-the-bar/#comment-97
4. Leah Vidal of https://littlemisswordy.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/the-red-string-of-fate/
5. Mandy Hoefert Waysman of http://www.ohmandelynn.com/
6. Gena Scott Hassett of http://whatsfordinnergena.com/
7. Nancy Lowell of http://chefslastdiet.com/
8. Sassafrass Meghan of http://sassafrass76.com/2015/05/28/oops-i-did-it-again/
9. Jennifer Connolly of http://www.awellstyledlife.com/
10. Mickey Mouse of http://www.nomoreblogs.com/
11. James Brown of http://www.ifeelgoodimade11.com/
Ok so now comes the exciting part where I reveal the 11 questions for the lucky bloggers I listed above…who are all real by the way (except for maybe 2).
1. Do you have a recurring dream?
2. Where is your favorite place to visit?
3. What do you think is the most underrated quality in modern society?
4. If you could live in any time period, which would you pick?
5. Funny or serious?
6. What is your number one pet peeve?
7. Dogs or cats?
8. If you could have one super power what would it be?
9. Favorite thing about yourself?
10. On a scale of one to ten how much do you hate the Liebster Award (and btw, so so sorry)?
11. What is your number one fear?
Thanks again to Darla Halyk from New World Mom’s http://blogirl.info/darla6/ for passing along the Liebster Award. Apologies for any and all mistakes made in passing this torch. Still new at this and have the tech skills of a 4th grader from 1992.